24 January 2009

Watchmen -- Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons



Only one of a handful of graphic novels that I have read, however it is probably the best. I say probably because "Batman: The Long Halloween" was very good. Watchmen is dramatic and rich with a real, complex story. There is even a twist that I felt was quite unexpected and made the story very engaging and memorable. The story itself is good, but the art is engaging in it's own right. I felt that everything about this graphic novel represents what is good about the genre. I recommend it to anyone, especially someone who has never read a graphic novel or who thinks of them as just big comic books. It is really on the same level as any other form of literature.

I am also looking forward to the upcoming movie that looks as though it will also be quite good.

No comments: