07 August 2007

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows -- J.K. Rowling



This one is pretty self-explanatory. I have been reading the Harry Potter books since the first one came out. I have enjoyed them all and this one did not disappoint. While seemingly large at nearly 760 pages, the print and her writing style allowed me to finish the final book in the series in a day. If you do not wish to spoil the ending I recommend you do not read the titles of all the chapters in the table of contents. Personally, I made that mistake and I felt like gave something away but not that much I suppose. I think that Book 6 was better and that Book 4 was the best, but in my opinion this one comes in 3rd. Thus, the order of books in terms of quality is: 4, 6, 7, 5, 3, 2, and 1. I obviously needed to read this book after reading the others, but I would recommend the entire series to anyone, young or old. Once you get past the fact that this is supposedly a children's book and that you must suspend some disbelief at times, the books are in fact very good. They are not classics of literature but they do weave an interesting tale and are worth giving a couple days to.

No comments: